Thu, Apr 21|
Jake Jacobs Lunch & Learn: Leverage Change--8 Ways to Achieve Faster, Easier, Better Results
Teams are the future of work. Collective intelligence will be more critical as organizations reshape their culture to be more agile and to support new ways of working. Join us for an interactive session to explore the value of “team resets” and the opportunity to “team better”.
Time & Location
Apr 21, 2022, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. EDT
About the Event
People struggle with change, whether it’s individual learning, team competencies or organization transformation. They complain it is hard. Takes too long. Costs too much. And at the end of the day is all too often, ineffective. Look at your own experience. Wouldn’t you jump at the chance to achieve results in your own change work faster, easier and better? It’d be great if there were a predictable way to make this happen. There is. It’s called Leverage Change. These 8 tools can be applied to any change, any time, any place, regardless of your experience level. Use the Levers and you’ll be on your way to getting more done with less – less headaches, hassles and problems.
In this special joint session organized by ODNNY and TODN, Jake will cover:
- An introduction to these key levers of change, tailoring the content to priority areas listed by participants in the pre-event survey.
- A case study where Jake will interview a current OD practitioner on an organizational challenge;
- Break-out sessions for participants to put their ideas together and align on a recommended approach
- Brainstorming and sharing of ideas for the whole group
- Suggestions and recommendations from Jake
You’ll learn how to:
- Achieve measurable improvements in speed, ease and effectiveness in achieving results in your change work
- Provide leadership by teaching others how to make changes in your own teams through applying the 8 Levers
- Understand how to turbocharge your existing change methods with the spirit of "making a good thing better."
About the Speaker:
Jake Jacobs helps organizations, teams, and individuals make monumental changes. Over the past 35 years he's worked in 61 industries, from high tech to manufacturing to hospitality to entertainment to financial services. He's consulted to 96 organizations, from Fortune 50 to national non-profits and community theaters. He's supported more than 210,000 people directly on important changes to their business. What kinds of changes? Everything from strategy implementation to culture change to mergers and acquisitions and leadership development. He's partnered with CEOs, front-line workers and changemakers in middle management in organizations like Ford, Kraft and Marriott. He's also helped create change in the City of New York, U.K.’s National Health Service and the United States Army and Navy.
He's authored and co-authored eight books and dozens of articles:
- Leverage Change: 8 Ways to Achieve Faster, Easier, Better Results
- Real Time Strategic Change: How to Involve an Entire Organization in Fast and Far-Reaching Change
- You Don’t Have To Do It Alone: How to Involve Others to Get Things Done
- The Change Handbook
- Positively M.A.D.: Making a Difference in Your Organizations, Communities, and the World
- Organization Development at Work
- The Conscious Consultant
- Change Champions
Notre Dame’s Executive Education Program, the U.S. Navy’s Postgraduate Institute, Roffey Park Management Institute in England, and St. Thomas University have all been opportunities to continue his own learning while teaching others. He has also led leadership development programs in more than 25 organizations.
Virtual Event Ticket